Thursday 6 October 2011

Sense in design

I think it is an interesting challenge for designers to create something that people normally would experience by seeing, but when we remove this sense we have to think differently on how to approach the "viewer".

This is a good sentence:
"When you are designing something there is a chance you have the luxury of being able to see it, hear it, feel it, or taste it. I know I often forget that having all of these senses is a luxury and that there are millions upon millions of folks who aren’t afforded such things. How will they interact with the stuff that I design? When you start to consider this for even a second you see that your perspective on a design changes just a little bit." - unfortunately I can't find out who wrote it.

This is an example of what I mean, The Rubik's Cube:


"I solved it without even looking at it once." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment