Tuesday 16 October 2012

Random inspiration from London

Milly and I went down to London centre on Saturday to do live research on Redchurch Street for a project, and on the way I "picked up" some other stuff as inspiration as well. Some random, some artistic, some design.
So I thought, why not share it here too?


Street artist (to the right) had just finished his art piece, so I thought "I'll take a picture of you, even though I don't know you or your art". I didn't actually think that, but he was standing in the way of his piece and I was in a rush so I had to include him... I did really like his piece tho! Don't know who the guy to the left is.



I really enjoyed this packaging / editorial design! A very nice touch with the bag.


Art piece by Giuseppe Penone at Whitechapel Gallery


Looks like a chopped tree layered with gold on the inside, right? The whole thing is actually made out of bronze.
"Guiseppe Penone (b.1947) has created an ambitious bronze sculpture which invites us to rethink the relationships of sight and touch, outdoors and indoors, nature and the city." - Whitechapel Gallery



Say what..?
Don't know what kind of inspiration this would give.. but I liked the randomness.


 Nice packaging design.


No comments:

Post a Comment