Saturday 11 January 2014

New year, new perfume, new memories

In my first year at Kingston uni I had a self-initiated project that was about memories and the idea was to create a system that would help me give "myself" back to myself in the future. It was a response to Alzheimers disease that runs in both sides of my family. The result became a system of perfumes, as many of my memories are recalled through smell. It would allow me to sort of manipulate my memory by choosing a new perfume each year at New Year. In that way I would be able to link that specific year to a smell, and recall the memories in the future by smelling the perfume.
Link to the project: Return of Memories

Ok, to the point: I am determined to realise this project, so last year I changed my perfume from Mary Kay's 'Thinking of You' to Jimmy Choo's perfume. I realised that changing your perfume every year can become a challenge, because I would obviously like to find perfumes that I think smell nice and that I feel can match me - but at the same time they need to disassociate themself from the others. At the same time it is sad to give up a perfume you really like in order to make the system work. However, finding 50 different perfumes for the future will become a fun adventure, and I am enjoying it so far.

Sooo, the new perfume for this year is (drum rooooooll):
'Si' by Armani.


I have to say, being in my final year of my bachelor and having many exciting things to come this year, wearing a perfume that states 'yes' sounds quite perfect (and it smells amazing!). I am looking forward to what this year will bring, and what kinds of memories I can link to 'Si' when I will smell it again in the future.

Happy New Year, and may your year have alot of 'yes' in it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment