Friday 12 April 2013

Google's April Fools

I think the best/most effective, and probably most used, April Fools joke I've ever pulled on somebody was when I told my boyfriend that I was pregnant (we were 19 and he freaked out, hehe). But what Google did this year was a "little bit" more complex, and has nothing to do with pregnancy whatsoever. It is almost two weeks after 1st of April, but I feel it is still worth sharing for those who didn't seen it.



Explained in short: Google announced a Treasure Map mode on Google Maps which encourage you to go out and find clues for hidden treasure chests. I loved it! Probably because of my childish overenthusiasm for treasures and treasure hunting (I will never properly grow up. I was even hoping for an Easter Egg hunt this year...again). Such a shame it was only an April Fools joke.

Google explaining it in full:


No comments:

Post a Comment