Saturday 10 September 2011

Amazing photos by Bjarne Riesto!

I went to an exhibiton in Oslo on Friday to see a collection of Bjarne Riesto's photos. The exhibiton is called "Kyst" (Norwegian, means "Coast") and the work presents a selection of the coast line in Finnmark, Norway.
I believe this is some of the most fantastic photos I've ever seen! I love the strong dark and lighting contrasts, the prominent melancholic expression of the deserted places and in the middle of it you have this few light colorful parts. I think it is genius how he has chosen black and white to strengthen the contrasts of the nature, and at the same time choose to leave some of the photos in color to present how harmonic it all is at the same time.
If they some day are putting up this exhibiton nearby you, go see it!!


My favourite:
 

The exhibiton will take place between 8. September - 2. October at Fotografiens Hus in Oslo.
To get some more glimps of Bjarne Riestos works, visit his homepage here.

No comments:

Post a Comment